Friday, November 7, 2014

Our Anniversary Trip Part II

On the second half of our trip Jesse planned to stop at different places he and I visited on my birthday so Amara could see them. I kind of felt like he planned this portion for Amara when we were supposed to be celebrating our anniversary. I went along with it, but felt kind of bummed that once again he planned for Amara instead of focusing on us. This is a feat that we are working on. I strongly believe couples, and we, need our time alone. I think it's great that he's such a proactive and wonderful father, but often times I am left feeling out or as the third wheel. I've reached a point where I feel like my relationship is just a friendship and it hurts quite a bit. I need and crave to be surprised by the man I love just once. There is more to this story than I am willing to currently share, but it's a longing feeling where I feel emptiness and loneliness. Anyways, here is part two of the trip.

Some of these photos will look familiar to you if you've come here reading my posts before. These are backroads from Jacksonville, Florida through Waldo, Starke, Ocala, and our final destination, Orlando. We stopped at many thrift stores and second hand stores looking around and browsing as well as stopping for the kitschy stuff.

Amara with the giant purple rooster that sits out front of a fireworks store off US 301



Giant rocking chair across the street from Waldo Flea Market
We made another stop through Tony's Taxidermy Museum. The gift shop looked closed and out of business, but the museum was still open and Amara seemed to really enjoy it.





On the last trip throug these areas we had planned to stop at The Orange Shop, but they were closed for the season. This time they were open, but it was less than thrilling. The coolest thing about this place was their roadside sign.


Jesse has been wanting, for some time now, to visit Silver Springs. A once popular and vibrant wildlife and animal theme park now turned state park. I remembered visiting here as a child and taking a ride on the glass bottom boats among other things. There used to be other attractions here, but none that come to mind. Silver Springs is now owned by the State of Florida and is only open Monday through Friday. We stopped in and took a walk around and a sail on the glass bottom boats that are still in operation.



I found this sign pretty pleasing. 








Our time at Silver Springs was short. We got back on the road and headed further south.





We made a stop for a late lunch/early dinner just outside of Davenport and Celebration, Florida. Afterwards we made a stop at the above place, whose name leaves me right now, and that was the end of our roadtrip. We closed our day by stopping at the Orlando Premium Outlets to visit the Disney outlet and then onward to The Grand Floridian at Disney to watch Hallowishes. It was a nice, fun trip, but also an upsetting one I had wished gone better. Hopefully Jesse learned something from the blowout of all of this and will learn how to date his wife of twelve years, because I'm getting tired of just existing for the sake of being someone's wife. I'm sad, I'm hurting, and I need change in some form of way very soon. I'd like to say that this was a great anniversary, but honestly it was one of the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment