Friday, November 7, 2014

Incoming #13

Yesterday I received this lovely postcard from Alena in Belarus. The title of this piece of artwork is Cappuccino by Carivna. When I Googled the artist many more beautiful images and paintings came up. I hope I receive more postcards in the future with her artwork. Postcrossing ID: BY-1404505.



Alena used two different stamps on the postcard. The first being part of a frame for a set of stamps. It holds no postal value at all. It came from a sheet released on June 5, 2014 titled "Grodno Regional Drama Theatre" as part of the "Theater of Belarus" series. The second stamp bears a friendly and warm greeting I so often like to see. "Happy Postcrossing" The colors are nice and bright and the lettering is just fun. This stamp was released on January 2, 2014. Different countries have released a stamp for Postcrossing and I wish our United States Postal Service would make one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment