Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Part I

Here is my trip report for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It will be broken up into multiple posts to ensure proper tagging for characters. Blogger only allows 200 characters in the tags block. I got there around 3:45 p.m. just as they started letting everyone is who had party tickets. The entrance looks beautiful decorated for the season. It's hard to believe that just two weeks ago there were Halloween decorations everywhere here.




The first thing I did when I got inside was I went right over to the Main Street Fire Station to pick up the party exclusive Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom party card featuring Elsa from Frozen...of course?! The lone started growing quickly, but I was first in line. At 4:00 sharp the cast members came out and started handing out the cards and marking everyone's wristbands who had received the card.


After I got my card I quickly walked over to the circus area in New Fantasyland to find out where Sandy Claws would be meeting. I asked a cast member who directed me towards the FastPass+ tent in the very back near the railroad station. There was one family already waiting before me. Within five minutes of hanging out in the area, cast members came out and started setting the scene for Sandy Claws which made the excitement inside me grow.




By 5:30 p.m. they had the line stanchions up and allowed everyone to file in the line. The line had grown quite long in just the short amount of time of waiting. When everyone filed in there were probably a little over one hundred people in line, and I was second. A character attendant came out to keep the crowd enthused  and alive and said Sandy Claws would be arriving promptly at 7:00 p.m. as the party started. Then shortly after the PhotoPass photographer came out and started doing test shots. People started asking him when Jack would be out and he said 6:00 p.m. In past events they have started the Nightmare Before Christmas meets earlier than scheduled due to the popularity. Sure enough Sandy Claws arrived 45 minutes early at exactly 6:15 p.m.


This early arrival and being second in line allowed me time to go grab a quick dinner before the party. I decided to swing my Gaston's Tavern for a Pork Shank ($9.95). It closely resembles the ever popular turkey leg, but not as much meat, and not as much flavor for sure. It was good, but I honestly wish I would have gone to Friar Tuck's for some much craved Macaroni and Cheese. I grabbed a spot in the second most popular meet and greet during the parties, The Seven Dwarfs. 


The line was semi-long already, but they came out right at 7:00 p.m. and my wait was approximately 35 minutes from there.


After the Dwarves I went to check out the Princess/Prince line for Princes Aurora and Prince Phillip and Snow White and her Snow Prince. The line here was a 45 minute wait due to their 15 minute intermission between sets.



The time was now around 8:15 p.m. when I got to meet them and then I took a look at my priority list and made way back over to the circus area for the ducks and Minnie Mouse (in her new candy cane dress).

Character Total as of 8:20 p.m.: Twelve total

Part Two
Part Three


No comments:

Post a Comment