Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Incoming #21

I LOVE 3D POSTCARDS! This is the first one I've received personally, but I've sent a few Disney ones out myself. This is so cool. It's Lantau Island, the largest island in Hong Kong. It has a landmass of 56.82 square miles. This postcard was sent to me from Angela, located in Hong Kong.



The stamp used on the postcard is a $3.70 2014 Hong Kong Definitive stamp. It comes from a series showcasing Hong Kong's landscape features and the importance of geo-conservation. This stamp features Kang Lau Shek. 
"Kang Lau Shek is made up primarily of thinly laminated siltstone, formed about 55 million years ago. Affected by constant coastal erosion, the sea-arch once situated here eroded gradually and finally collapsed, leaving behind two sea stack formations, known as Kang Lau Shek (Watchtower Stones) because they look like the watchtowers of an ancient village."


No comments:

Post a Comment