Saturday, November 1, 2014

Incoming #9

Another incomin from Halloween. This one comes from Melissa in Milton, Vermont, United States. She sent her postcard inside an envelope enclosed with a 3 page letter and two little surprises for me. The postcard features what appears to be a chapel or other official building of some sort nestled in a beautiful forest of tees changing colors for the fall. Our trees in Florida never turn these colors so I always enjoy getting to view them in photographs. The Postcrossing ID for this is US-3053339.




The above stamp was the one affixed to the envelope that she mailed. I like the postage cancel (is that what it's called?) across the stamp. At the top it read Energy Action Month. I think when I cut this to go in my stamps collection I will keep the cancel. Below you'll find a cancelled Johnny Cash 2013 Forever stamp. This was one of the little surprises she included with her letter. I, being a huge music fan and a fan of Johnny Cash, was thrilled to received this for my collection.


Also enclosed in the envelope was this pressed penny from ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center located in Burlington, Vermont. My daughter and I collect pressed coins together and this will be a nice addition to our collection.


She also wrote me a lovely three page letter. I will be writing and responding back to her very soon. This was a wonderful mail call and I thoroughly enjoyed the little gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment