Friday, August 15, 2014

I'm On Vacation!

From today until August 24th I am on vacation from work. Thank God for that! This afternoon my family and I will be leaving out on a mini road trip. Our final destination is Lookout Point in Tennessee and we will head home on Sunday. My daughter, Amara, begins school on Monday. I have such an agenda of things I want to accomplish while home next week alone. One of my top things is to pick out one of my unused Smash Books and start putting in all my 2013 Disney stuff to go with my photobooks when I order them.



It's a pretty big box full of autograph cards, Limited Time Magic cards, stickers, newsletters, and so much more. It won't fit into both of my photobooks so I have to make a separate book just for all of that stuff.

Next on my to do list is to clean out and go through my piles of magazines in my craft room closet. There are magazines in here that are 10+ years old. I think it's time to purge it.



 I ultimately want to turn it into a storage area for least often used craft supplies, or for Amaras craft stuff. She seems to just throw all her stuff into her area with no rhyme or reason, like most kids do. 


After that the plan is to reorganize and clean up the rest of the craft room.



Also during my week off I plan to get into habit of getting up earlier to fix and eat a good breakfast. I normally only eat breakfast on days I open at my work, and that's only because I usually have milk and cereal at the store. I've really been wanting to make banana pancakes lately. Primarily because on one of our CDs at work we have the Jack Johnson song "Banana Pancakes" on the playlist. So I'll be attempting that on one of the days. Other days will more than likely be your normal eggs, bacon, and toast kind of breakfast.

I'll be using a recipe from Like Mother Like Daughter for the pancakes. If they come out good I may do a post about them.

Aside from attempting to build good breakfast habits I will be teaching my daughter how to pack healthy lunches that aren't just a boring sandwich, chips, and a drink. We've got some new lunch tupperware containers for portion control. I'll probably purchase more so we can prepare multiple ones at one time. I'm not always home in the evenings to help her with preparing for her following day at school. This will be my chance to teach her healthy habits ahead of time. 

Hopefully I'll be successful at all this during my weekdays at home. Changes need to be made in this household with all three of us and this is where I am beginning. Hopefully I will have the support needed for this to be successful and I can look forward to my upcoming Disney trip. On Saturday August 23rd I'll be headed to Disney for the villains unleashed event and Sunday I'll be meeting up with other Disney Foodie addicts. This vacation/staycation should be a really great one if all goes as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment