Sunday, October 19, 2014

Thrift Store Finds

Today my family and I went thrifting at a few stores around westside Jacksonville. One store we stopped at called Urban Junk was a small and dainty little place filled with an eclectic assortment of treasures and troves. I could have spent a lot of money in this place, but settled for some little stamps and some very vintage postcards.



We then headed to a store called Ugly Junk. It was recommended to us by the young lady in charge over at Urban Junk. Ugly Junk is a pretty large store with an assortment of things for everyone. My daughter found a book for $1 among the stacks of things. They had lots of great vinyl records and 45s. I could have spent a lot of time in this store. We were almost finished browsing when I noticed a blue plastic tub filled with old vintage postcards. The tub had a sign on it that read 2/$1. My heart I think stopped. I started going through the postcards weeding out ones I knew I definitely wanted. After the first go through I had about 30 or so postcards in my stack. Knowing Jesse wasn't about to let me buy that many I narrowed it down to just $5 worth. Heartbroken and sad I mad my way to the counter to pay. As the young lady started to ring up my postcards I asked her very kindly if she'd be willing to cut a deal on the entire tub of cards for one price. She asked me to go grab it and bring it to the counter. She looked at the sign and picked up the stack and kind of just thumbed through quickly and said "Ughh...how does $20 sound?" I couldn't believe it! I turned to Jesse who had already had his hand towards me with a $20 bill outstretched my way. I started glowing with excitement and joy. The young lady behind the counter knew she made my day by selling me all of those cards. We bagged them up and went on our way. Here are a couple photos of some of the postcards from the haul.

The bagged photo I took when I got into the car.

Stacked up out of the bag.





There were loads more too obviously and from all over the world as well. Also mixed in were some old photos of people. I wonder who they are. How old could these photos be. It's almost eerie to me.


There was also some postcard books and other miscellaneous ephemra I'll be able to use for crafting purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment