Saturday, October 18, 2014

October 9 Disney Trip

On Thursday October 9 I headed to Epcot alone for a day of Food & Wine Festival. I primarily went down because an acquaintance of mine, Brad Stewart, was playing with his band Fuel at the Eat To The Beat concert series held during the festival. So here's a photo log of the things I enjoyed through the day.

I started the day over at Magic Kingdom for a stroll along Main Street USA. I had hoped to do some pin trading with Scoop Sanderson, but he was not there that day. Around 10:15 a.m. I hopped on the monorail and headed over to Epcot. I got there right as the festival was opening up for the day.




Passing the Greece booth I noticed the above recipe posted for passerby's. I think I'd like to make these sometime. They sound very yummy! I made my first stop at The Refreshment Port for the Croissant Doughnut with Cinnamon Sugar. This thing was so good! A litle heavier on the stomach than expected. It was flaky like a croissant, but doughy and buttery like a doughnut. The cinnamon and sugar gave it a perfect sweetness that satisfied my craving for breakfast. I should say brunch since it was just after 11 a.m. This is actually served all year long at the location, but it is listed in the Food & Wine Festival Passport. So I got my stamp and continued on. 

 I wasn't allowed to "go crazy", as my husband calls it, so i had to choose wisely on the offerings I tried that day. I got to Italy and took a look over the menu. I knew Jesse would not want to get anything from this kiosk so I grabbed the Ravioli alla Caprese. This was very fresh tasting and sweet. I may end up getting this again. It tasted wonderful and had that comfort food feel to it.


By the time I reached Singapore I was feeling a little thirsty so I decided to get a Singapore Sling featuring Hendrick's Gin and Cherry Herring. I walked to Norway and had a seat on a bench to relax a minute. This drink was nice, but you could tell they really skimped on the alcohol. 


I had reached the start of World Showcase, the point I started from and was ready for another dish. I grabbed the Blackened Chick'n Breast, Farro Wheat and Spicy Gumbo Sauce from the Terra Marketplace. This dish was so surprisingly delicious! The chicken is a soy product and the entire dish is vegetarian. This has to be one of my favorite dishes that's new this year. Was spicy just enough and had loads of flavor!


At this point I decided to book some quick fastpasses on my phone and hop on some rides and kill some time. Here are a couple photos from our favorite attraction at Epcot, Living With The Land.







Around 3:30 p.m. I was ready to head back through the festival, grab some food, and head to the American Adventure for some free soda and a charge up on my phone before the concert began. I stopped by the Puerto Rico Marketplace for the Carne Guisada con Arroz Blanco which is Slow Braised Beef with Puerto Rican Grown Rice. This was pretty good. Meat was slightly tough, but the flavor and spice was strong and good. Not a favorite dish, but I would say it is worth a try.



After relaxing in the a.c. a bit I went and grabbed my spot in line for the concert. While I waited a surprise pop-up character meet and greet happened on the side of the American Adventure Pavilion. I saw Stitch, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto, Daisy Duck, and DOPEY!


Not a great photo of me for sure. I guess I was just too excited to see Dopey out for once. This was my first time getting to meet him without waiting for four hours at one of the parties with the other six dwarfs. I hopped back in line for the Fuel show and ended up watching all three sets they did that day. Each set was slightly different than the others. They did an awesome job and sounded great. I ended up making friends with one their biggest fans that was there and had a blast. Here are some photos from the show.














Well I do hope you enjoyed this trip report. Keep rockin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment