Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Stamps #191 - Anything You Wish

It's been quite a few weeks since I last participated in Sunday Stamps. I have the day off from work today and chose to stay home instead of going to Disney. We're enjoying a nice relaxing Sunday at home doing housework and spending time together. This weeks Sunday Stamps theme is Anything you wish. I chose to do mine on Disney stamps I've received on postcards. Would you really expect anything else from me? 

Up first is a Finding Nemo stamp featuring Crush and a couple of his sea turtle friends, Pretty righteous huh? Chaw! It comes from a series that was released April 3, 2008. Other stamps included in the set feature Nemo, Bubbles, Pearl, and Dory. A second sheet was released as well that features Nemo, Squirt, Peach, Tad, and Sheldon. I hope one day to receive the rest of them because they look simply adorable and well, it's Disney.


Next is a stamp from Japan featuring Alice riding in a hot air balloon that resembles a familiar feline, Cheshire Cat. This stamp comes from a 2013 Disney Characters Set that includes hot air balloon stamps featuring different characters such as Oswald The Lucky Rabbit, Winnie The Pooh and Piglet, Tinkerbell, Marie, Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Disney Princesses, and Dumbo. Designed by Nakamaru Hitomi. I swear Japan always has the cutest things.


Here are a few other Disney Stamps from Japan. All three of these come from the series Disney Animated Classics. This set was released on May 23, 2014. Other stamps in the series feature Dumbo, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, and Pinocchio. I'll have to try and set up a few trades from Japan to get the others. Oh Japan, how I love you.



This next one comes from the Polish Post. Titled the Magical World of Disney. This stamp was released on June 1, 2013. It was such a great surprise to receive the whole piece on the back of a postcard. 


Lastly we have a stamp that features my all time favorite Disney character, Donald Duck. This stamp comes from Finland. This is one stamp of a five piece Donald Duck commemorative set. The set was released March 13, 2001. 


Thank you for checking out my Sunday Stamps post. I hope you enjoyed the Disney stamps I have shared with you. Hopefully I will receive many more in the future.

8 comments:

  1. Hurrah for Japan indeed, very fun stamps. As for the Finnish stamp, I don't know what Donald is saying, other than kaak is quack!
    Thank you for joining in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stamp with Alice! I had never seen it. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is one of my favourite books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites are the Disney Animated Classics. Those are the characters, along with Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, that I remember from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful collection! I love comics/cartoon stamps. And most of all I like the Nemo stamp. I am a big fan of Crush the sea turtle: every now and then I remember his wise words about parentship, the answer he gave to Nemo's father when the latter asked Crush how you know when it's time to let your children go.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for posting such a joyous group of stamps! so true japan is the leader in cuteness

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lady and the Tramp is my favourite. There is a USA stamp of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Japan produces such charming stamps, I can imagine the Cheshire Cat turning himself into a balloon, LOL. The turtles look lovely on a stamp as round as their shells.

    ReplyDelete