Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Birthday Freebies Part I

So today is my 33rd birthday. About a week ago I spent some time on the internet researching what kind of birthday freebies were out there, and surprisingly, there's A LOT. Since I had the entire day off work I planned for my daughter and I to go redeem some of these freebies and have a nice day together. We began our journey at IHOP where you can sign up for their Pancake Revolution newsletter and receive a free Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Fruity. We also ordered a side of bacon and two regular size orange juices to go with it.


Above: 2 Pancakes topped with Cinnamon Apple Compote, Whipped Cream, and Powdered Sugar
Below: Scrambled Eggs with Cheese, 2 Sausage Links, 4 Strips of Bacon, and an order of Hashbrowns


Our bill came to $6.07 and I left a $3.00 tip
Total so far OOP: $9.07
Total so far FREE: $7.59

Next I remembered Panera loads freebies on your Panera card for your birthday so we stopped by one to see what got loaded on. It was for a free pastry item. My daughter picked out a Chocolate Chip Muffin and I got a large Sweet Tea.


Bill for Panera: $2.35
Total so far OOP: $11.42
Total so far FREE: $9.58

Next on our trip we decided to head over to Denny's for their free Grand Slam on your birthday. No coupon necessary, you just show your ID at the check out when you're done and they deduct it from your bill. We ordered the Grand Slam for me and a soda for the kiddo. She was feeling full from the muffin and IHOP stop. I finished about half of it until I was actually full and ready to continue on our day.


Bill for Dennys: $2.34 and left a $2.00 tip (they took way too long to seat us, and the placed smelled of vomit. I will NOT be back)
Total so far OOP: $15.76
Total so far FREE: $16.17

Our next stop on the way was Firehouse Subs where by going in and just showing your ID you get a free medium sub, no coupon necessary. We were full so I decided to regift the sub to my boss who I had to go see briefly (because I wanted to go buy a cd for my birthday). Since they allowed carry out for the free sub I had him text me what he wanted and I picked it up.


Bill for Firehouse: $0
Total so far OOP: $15.76
Total so far FREE: $22.06

We delivered the sub, bullshitted for a few with my boss and decided to go take a walk around the mall. I ran into a few friends which was nice. After a little bit of walking we were ready for our free ice cream. I had coupons for a free scoop from Maggie Moo's and a free scoop from Baskin Robbins. My daughter used the Maggie Moos coupon for a scoop of Blue Cotton Candy and I chose Mint Chocolate Chip from Baskin Robbins.



Total OOP: $15.76
Total in Freebies: $25.22

Now that breakfast had settled and we had a nice little dessert we were ready (or so we thought) for lunch. She had been looking forward to Hooters. They sent me a coupon for a free 10 piece Boneless Wings for dine in. We ordered 10 Garlic Parmesan Boneless Wings, a order of Curly Fries, and 2 Sodas. Barely able to finish we got a to go box for the little bit of fries we had left.


Bill for Hooters: $8.53 + $3.47 tip
Total OOP: $27.56
Total in Freebies: $33.21

I still have coupons for Moes, Arbys, Which Wich, and Krispy Kreme. We were just to full to go and grab any more for the day. So I'll be picking the rest up over the next couple days or so and will do a part II once they're all redeemed.





No comments:

Post a Comment