Thursday, June 19, 2014

Surprise Dinner Date - Black Sheep Restaurant



Tonight my hubby took me on a surprise dinner date to Black Sheep Restaurant. I have been asking him for a couple years now to take me out there. The food always looks so delicious when I'm on Fourquare looking for new places. Thanks to my mother and father-in-law we were able to go there tonight! 

I started with an order of Fried Green Olives Stuffed With Pimento cheese and the hubby opted for the Warm Sea Salt and Vinegar Chips with Point Reyes Fondue. Since he doesn't like olives I got them all to myself and boy were they delectable. I especially liked the pimento cheese (on the side) that came with them. He shared his chips and fondue with me. I found them to be very salty and tangy. Not bad because I am a serious salt addict. The fondue served with it was a very pungent blue cheese that paired well with the chips (and my olives).

Once we finished with our starters our entrees came out. He got Cowboy Meats Grass Fed Hamburger with bacon and smoked cheddar. I ordered the Bar-B-Q Duck Sandwich and Macaroni and Cheese. Both entrees came with an order of french fries. I immediately dove into my sandwich which also came with pickled green tomatoes and tillamook cheddar. I must say the tomatoes really made this sandwich for me. The duck confit was nice and broke down with little effort and had a great flavor. The cheese I couldn't taste much, but the tomatoes were so good and wish I could have a plate of those all by themselves. I tried a small bite of my husbands burger and thought it taste very delicious. He get it medium rare and I couldn't believe the great flavor that came from that beef. Hubby claims it as one of the best burgers he has ever had, but when most of the burgers you eat come from McDonalds $1 menu of course you're going to have that reaction, but I still love him.

Barely having room and still a half of my sandwich left I took a leap into the macaroni and cheese. It was just sitting there all lonely and looking all yummy with its slightly burnt top and the aroma coming from it. It was such a different taste and flavor of mac and cheese from what I'm used to, but it was so good. It had a clove like taste to it, but it wasn't overwhelming with that sweetness of a clove. I can't really describe it, but man, was it good! The fries were fries. Nothing special, nothing great. Salt and parsley. They tasted good, but nothing stood out about them to make me go "WOW"!

I'm really glad I finally got the opportunity to eat here. I have $25 left on my gift card and look forward to hopefully hitting up their brunch menu or having cocktails with friends (plus more olives...or maybe macaroni and cheese). Highly recommend. It's casual dress, with an upscale vibe. Can't wait to go back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment