Tuesday, June 17, 2014

An Introduction To My Obsession With Character Hunting


One of my favorite things to do at Walt Disney World is character hunt. What is character hunting you ask? Simply put it's getting photos with the characters. I hear it all the time from people who like to give me a hard time. "But Trish, they're not real" Duh! I know that. It's the idea behind it though. It's called imagination. You've never wondered what it would be like to talk to one of your favorite cartoon characters? Don't lie, you know you have! Anyways...it's a thrill to me to seek out the hard to find ones, the rare ones, and even revisit previously met characters every once in awhile. The photo above was taken on May 23, 2014 at the Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour day event at Magic Kingdom. My husband, Jesse, has always wanted his photo with Megara. She's very rarely out and we always seem to miss her at her pop up random meets at Epcot. I waited in this line for over 5 hours. You're probably thinking "That is absurd". I can assure you if we didn't go all of the time and it was one of those once in a lifetime vacations I would not have waited. I have the luxury of visiting as often as I'd like so waiting 5+ hours to make some Disney magic happen for the hubby was worth it. 

I'll be posting about a new character each week (I hope) so if you want to learn more and follow along then just click on a characters name listed over there on the left hand side! Is there a character you'd like to see on here? Leave a comment and who knows, maybe I'll post about them next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment