Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Si Señor Fresh Mex Review


Today my husband and I visited Si Señor Fresh Mex for a quick lunch. This is by far the closest thing to true and authentic Mexican food available in North East Florida. Every time I have visited everything has been simply wonderful. I usually get carnitas when I ordered tacos, but today I opted for one pastor and one chorizo taco with a side of beans and a side of rice. I'm usually pretty reluctant when ordering chorizo because every time I do the flavor is just too overwhelming and drowns out the other flavors that are supposed to compliment the chorizo. Here the chorizo had a beautiful fresh flavor to it. It was still spicy, but it was a mild spicy. I could still taste the flavor from the cilantro, onions, lime, and salsa on the taco. It was great and I now know where to go for chorizo. The pastor taco I've had from here before and it was just as juicy and flavorful as I remembered from my very first visit over a year ago. The rice and beans were good, but average. Nothing with a wow factor about them, but they were good. Rice was cooked perfectly and the beans had a nice creaminess to them. I highly recommend this restaurant if you're ever in the Jacksonville beaches area. Located at 3546 St. Johns Bluff Road
Jacksonville, Fl 32224

Check them out on:

Here is my review from July 2013 when we had our first visit:
My husband and I are always on the prowl for new places that offer great quality food made from fresh ingredients for a fair price. If they serve tacos, that's a bonus. Our favorite type of tacos are true Mexican style tacos (meat, cilantro, onion and lime). Came across this one while perusing the Urban Spoon directory and decided to give it a try (even if it was a 40 minute drive for us). I ordered the Number 1 (Two Mexican Style Tacos). 1 with carnitas and the other with pastor. My husband ordered the same, but with 2 carnitas. We placed our order and grabbed a table. My husband grabbed a small portion of each of the fresh homemade salsas from the salsa bar. My favorite was the ranchero, my husband favored the habanero.The young lady brought us our complimentary chips (extra charge for take out orders) and the queso we ordered. Their queso was delicious and creamy. Consistency was dead on. Then are tacos were brought up with little wait and we quickly dove in. The carnitas taco was great, but nothing stand out about it from other places we order carnitas from, but the pastor in my opinion was a winner for me. The meat was very juicy and just full of flavor. We quickly ran out of chips and I sent my husband to the counter to purchase another order of chips. The gentleman (who appeared to also be the owner) was more than happy to just refill us on the chips for no charge. We both had a Jarritos soda to go with our meal. Our taco orders were just $4.99 for 2 tacos which is a great deal to us. Most places we get the same type of tacos from average out to about $2.79 per taco. So for 4 tacos (2 each) a cup of queso, 2 baskets of chips, and 2 bottled sodas we paid $17 and some change. A very fair price for what we experienced. I can't wait to go back. I'm looking forward to trying their enchiladas and the 12in burrito, while my husband has his eye on the carne asada meal. We will more than likely start using this as our regular Sunday brunch place. The owner told us all about the great drink specials they had every day. We only encountered the owner and the young lady who rang us up and both were just out of this world friendly and made us feel very welcomed. You can tell this place really cares about the customers. We can't wait to take our friends and family to this new spot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment