Sunday, February 8, 2015

February 8th - A Disney Date

Today I took my husband on a date to Disney for the day. I work pretty much all day on Valentines Day so this was my treat for him. We started our day at Raglan Road in Downtown Disney for brunch. We have never been there before and Jesse has been wanting to eat there for some time now. We were joined by some of our foodie friends to enjoy the show and the food with us. I'm apologizing now for the horrible photos. I forgot my camera at home and all we had was our cell phones.

While we waited for the others to arrive I had a Wyder's Pear Cider. I love ciders over beer and this was one I had not had before. It was pretty good and I enjoyed it.
Once inside we sat at the tables we had reserved, 105 and 106. They were the best seats in the house to watch the dancing and the band that performed. The waitress came by and took everyone's order. I ordered the Dalky Duo as our appetizer. These were batter dipped cocktail sausages that were served with a side of Dalky Mustard. For my drink I ordered a  Rekorderlig, which is a strawberry-lime cider. For my main course I went in deep with the Full Irish which consisted of sausage, black and white pudding (more sausage), bacon, a roasted tomato, mushrooms, two fried eggs, and roasties (roasted baby potatoes).




My husband ordered a sweet tea as his beverage and the Steak Sanger as his entree. 


During our meal we got enjoy the awesome dancers of Raglan Road and the band that played. This is when I really wish I had my camera on me. All of the food was phenomenal. Although I passed on my mushrooms because I'm just not a big fan of them, everything was just divine. I have to say however the most standout item from my meal has to be the Dalky Duo and the mustard. That makes it worth a stop any day in my book! 



We then headed off to Hollywood Studios since it is my husbands favorite park. He simply loves the drawing class they offer over in the animation building. For Christmas I got him and my daughter sketch books for when they go so all their drawings are in one neat little place. You have no idea how many pages of those sketches I have rolled up in my office and art room collecting dust. 

The Sorcerer Hat is almost gone!! Yay!!!
Anyways, getting back to our day, we rode Tower of Terror first since we had a fast pass to use for it. This one is probably my husbands favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World. He loves free-fall type rides.


After riding Tower of Terror I knew I wanted to head to Characterpalooza which takes place near the exit of ToT. We had about a half hour wait so we grabbed a bench in some shade and waited it out. Apparently characterpalooza is gaining lots of popularity over the past couple months as the crowds waiting for the gates to open are getting larger with every visit. The best little secret is spreading like wildfire it seems. When the gates opened up we took a quick glance around. I heard someone (taller than me) say "Ohhhh, Br'er Fox is out". So since I had not ever had the pleasure of getting his autograph and everyone else who was out were regular characters we met with the sly fellow himself, Br'er Fox.


After our visit with Br'er Fox we headed off to the Art of Animation building to take a drawing class. It was a short wait and we were able to fit right in. We got to draw Minnie Mouse on this visit. Who do you think drew her better?

Me:

or

Him:

I think mine's better if you ask me, hehe. After the drawing class there was just one more thing on our agenda for the day. I had to see the new Cinderella carriage from the upcoming movie. It is so stunning to see in person!


And with that our Disney date was over and we headed on home. My next Disney visit is on the 19th of this month and I know I'll be at Epcot for some part of that day looking for Mushu in China! 

1 comment: